Friday, August 31, 2012

The Final Countdown

Bonjour mes amis!

Currently, I'm sitting in Panera Bread, having just finished completing my intent to graduate form for the next semester.  It's absolutely bizarre how time flies when you're stressed out.  I was so worried about getting my visa that I completely forgot about everything else!  Oh, and by the way, did I mention... I HAVE MY VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The journey getting here has been rather rough.  For the past two months, I have been dealing with a never-ending stack of paperwork which seemed to keep growing.  Now that it's all done, the totality of it has set in.

I'm going to be gone for four months.

Now many people I'm friends with (my girlfriend in particular) keep on constantly reminding me that I'm not dying.  I understand that, but the thought of picking up everything and moving, far, far away is starting to scare me.  Yes, I know that I'll see everyone again in four months, but four months is a long time to me.

The following is a list of things I think I'm going to miss the most:

~ My girlfriend


~ The rest of my friends

~My family

~ English

~ Buffalo chicken

~ Data on my cell phone

I'm sure in the matter of only a month, I'll be revising this list.

Even more daunting was the packing which I just finished completing.  I have less than two days to go, and I think I just finished (this is a new record for me!). 

This is what I'd like to call highly organized chaos.  On the bright side, I was 5 pounds under the weight limit, and I'm still cutting back on what I'm actually going to bring.

Well, this is it everyone!  This is probably my last blog post before I dive into the exciting, yet frightening new world I'm about to explore.  With that, I must say, au revoir mes amis!

"When things get overwhelming.  Just close your eyes.  Blink, and you'll be home." ~ A coworker of mine.


2 comments:

  1. Aren't you going to miss me? The coolest sibling ever? And never admit you are scared, if you do, MOM WINS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I'll miss you! I didn't know that you were on here!

      Delete