Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Getting the Jitters

Hello World Again!

So now that I'm done with the serious post regarding my Visa experience, I'm going to update you on the rest of my life over the past three weeks. 

After my Visa appointment, things finally began to fall into place for me.  I haven't heard back about my Visa yet, but I still check up on its status at least twice a day.  I must say, it's starting to get in the way of my job.  For my coworkers, and maybe my bosses, that may be reading this, I'm sorry.  It's true.  I've lost much sleep while dwelling on the subject.

But enough with the drab, negative thoughts.  Now I'm going to look at the positive side!

Shortly after my Visa appointment, I received an email from the host family that I will be staying with.  I must say, I'm very excited!  I've now learned that they are into music just as much as I am!  The email was written entirely in FRENCH, but luckily I had no trouble understanding it.  Looks like reading Harry Potter et l'Ecole des Sorciers has helped me indeed!

Shortly after that, I received an envelope from my Study Abroad Program, Academic Programs International (API).  I felt my stomach sink when I opened the email, because my nerves pushed me into overdrive.  The first page was full of instructions upon my arrival in France.  Behind that was my itinerary, and then it finally sank in.  I'M LEAVING THE COUNTY FOR FOUR MONTHS!!!!

Okay, so it's not like I haven't left the country before.  A friend and I left the country to volunteer in New Zealand for a month.  

Me outside of a cave somewhere a few hours away from Auckland.  Yes, I look like a typical college student.


I'm not exactly an artist with a camera, but I am indeed looking forward to taking many pictures during my "long-sejour" in France.  How else would I be able to show you all of the amazing experiences I will enjoy?

One thing I have decided to do during my stay is run my first "semi-marathon" or Half Marathon.  How often does the everyday student get to experience something like this?

Well, I guess that's all I have to say for now.  Bon soir, mes amis!

“One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things." ~ Henry Miller






No comments:

Post a Comment