Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My Journey Thus Far

      Everyone has this misconception that studying abroad is an absolutely amazing experience right from the start, but what people fail to realize is that the amount of work that goes into getting overseas is simply overwhelming.  Was I originally supposed to attend University at Grenoble?  Not at all!  Here is an overview of the process I have gone through thus far to get to the point in my preparations that I am today.

       Originally, I was supposed to be studying here:
  Above is a picture of the forest surround the Université de Technologie de Compiègne.  I had been planning on going to this university for nearly a year, since it is a technology university, and I was interested in studying some math abroad as well.  However, after filling out all of the paperwork, my plans fell through.  I had been given the wrong due dates for the application.  Unfortunately, I had to scratch choice number one off of my list.

    So then, the next thought was here:

 Above is a picture of the city of Rennes.  After speaking with an adviser at my university, I found that this was the next best option.  But once again, the stars hadn't exactly aligned in my favor.  

      Next, I found myself nearly certain that I was going here:
 Caen, France.  I was scheduled to study at the Université de Caen, and I had all of the paperwork in order.  Everything seemed to be going in my favor, until I received that horrible phone call saying that the program had been canceled due to lack of enrollment.  Could anything else go wrong?  

      Finally, I ended up going here:

GRENOBLE!  FINALEMENT!

      It is official.  My paperwork is in, and I have received my FRENCH letter of acceptance.  Now all I must do is attend my VISA appointment, which is a story for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment