Friday, June 29, 2012

The Most Difficult Part: My Visa

      For anyone who decides to study abroad in France for any period of time longer than three months, be prepared for the most complicated procedure of your life.  I have rescheduled my appointment three times because the necessary documents either have not arrived from my host university, or I was unable to fill out my CAMPUS FRANCE form with ease.  Here is a general outline of the process i have gone through thus far.

Step One:  Navigate the French Consulate Website.  Because of my location, I was assigned to the Consulate in Boston, Mass.  Simply click "Anglais" at the top of the page to turn the page into English.

Step Two:  Make a Campus France Account.  Honestly, there is only one easy way to do this, and it is described in the following video.  CLICK HERE to check out a video which allowed me to register my Campus France Account entirely.  

Step Three:  Send a Money order along with your acceptance letters.  I still haven't gotten to this part yet, and I should probably get on it.  

Step Four:  Make an appointment through the PASTEL system.  Beware!  The appointments constantly change.  You are signing up for an appointment in person!

Step Five:  Show up to your appointment with all of the necessary documentation, which can be found on the Consulate website.  


      Is this simple?  No.  Actually I think I would rather take my Mathematical Analysis and Topology II class again rather than apply for another Visa.  For anyone who actually knew me over the span of this time period, you would understand that it was a terrible, terrible time during which I was stressed out to the max.  This is WORSE.

No comments:

Post a Comment